Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Exodus 25:8-9 - Where does God live?

“Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.

Where does God live? We usually say in heaven, but he lives in other places as well. In Exodus, God gives very detailed instructions about how to build a tabernacle. At this time, God dwelt with his people in this sanctuary he had them build. This was part of the instructions for the Jews. Today, If we are a Christian, God lives in us, in our hearts. (John 14:17, Ephesians 2:22) When I pray, I don't think about God being in some far off place, I think about him being right here inside of me, ready to listen.

Lord, thank you for coming to live in our hearts. Please help us to remember that you are living inside of us and to allow your light to shine out from us. Amen.

Click here to view a video of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment