Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Psalm 35:3 - Reassurance

Brandish spear and javelin[a]
     against those who pursue me.
Say to me,
     “I am your salvation.”

Footnotes: [a]  Or and block the way  (I left in the footnote because I like this phrase better than "and javelin".)

In previous posts I have suggested that the enemies David refers to in the Psalms can also be thought of as sin. Sin is my enemy and pursues me, especially the sins I personally struggle with. I love that David asks God for reassurance in this verse. He wants to hear God say, "I am your salvation." We have this assurance. In Isaiah 45:22 God states, “Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other." And  Jesus states, "I am the way..." in John 14:6.

Lord, thank you for your strength and reassurance. Help us to turn to you when we are facing our enemies. Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment