Sunday, August 28, 2016

Psalm 46:10 - Exalted above politics

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
     I will be exalted among the nations,
     I will be exalted in the earth.”

I know some people have very strong political views. It is a great privilege for us to get to take a part in our political system, but we have to remember God is in control. He is over all. No one political figure or even political party exudes more power than God. Verse 8 says, "Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, and the earth melts." I think it is good for us to care who governs our nation and participate in the political process, but don't allow our passions to cause us to sin or be angry. On the eternal scale of things, our politics are nothing.

Lord, thank you for being in control. Please help us to put our politics in proper perspective, Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment