Friday, September 30, 2016

Psalm 68:11 - A mighty throng of women

The Lord announces the word,
     and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng:

Because I am a female, I love it when the Bible speaks of women. In this verse, I can just see "a mighty throng of women" standing together, proclaiming the word, perhaps in song. A choir of women of every color and shape. I didn't really care for the word throng, so I checked some other versions to see if there was a synonym I liked better. Most of the other versions just refer to a huge group of people and don't specify women. That was disappointing. I checked the internet and found more information. (Click here.) It kind of sounds like it could go either way. Well, today I read "women" in my NIV and it was a powerful image for me, so I will just thank God.

Lord, thank you for speaking of women in the Bible. Please help us to always proclaim your word. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Amen! 😍 God is doing a new things and he is raising up his women of generations now and those coming behinds us to proclaim his name. We must be followers of Jesus and leads our sisters towards him. "Come and follow me as I follow Jesus."

    ReplyDelete