Monday, January 16, 2017

Matthew 4:18-20 - James

As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

I am starting a study on James and Andrew for a class in a couple weeks, so my morning blog entries will reflect this. So this morning, beginning my study on James, I found out there are a lot of guys named James in the Bible. This guy was an apostle and was the brother of Peter (aka Simon). Oh...and there is another guy who is an apostle named James and there is James the brother of Jesus. Hopefully by the end of this study we will have this James figured out.

Lord, thank you for giving us your word so we can learn about people of faith who worked with Jesus on the earth. Please help us to gain wisdom and insight from this study. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment