Monday, November 6, 2017

2 Samuel 22:50 - Therefore

Therefore I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
     I will sing the praises of your name.

I'm not sure where I heard this, but someone once said, "When the bible says 'therefore', you need to find out what it is there for." That resonated with me as I read David's Song of Praise in Chapter 22. David was faced with huge problems. Problems involving nations. His response to these problems was to go to the Lord. That is why he was a successful leader and probably why God put him in this position of leadership. David praised God, asked God for guidance, followed the guidance, then praised the Lord again. No wonder he was a man after God's own heart.

Lord, We praise you, among the nations, we will sing the praises of your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment