Thursday, December 7, 2017

2 Samuel 24:21 - Threshing Floor

Araunah said, “Why has my lord the king come to his servant?”  “To buy your threshing floor,” David answered, “so I can build an altar to the Lord, that the plague on the people may be stopped.”

God was punishing the Israelites with a plague. 70 thousand had died. David was told by God through a prophet to build an alter at this certain location. When I had envisioned a threshing floor, I had always thought of an indoor wooden floor so I looked up Threshing Floor and found it can also be a flat area outside. A threshing floor is a place where grain is walked on or agitated until the grain comes out of its hull. The "chaff" is blown away by the wind and all that is left is the good grain. It is a symbol for judgement, so there was significance in where the alter was to be made.

Lord, please help me to recognize when you are in the process of "threshing" my life and not hang on to tightly to the chaff. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment