Friday, October 19, 2018

Judges 6:15 - Weakness

“Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” Judges 6:15

How do you see yourself? Are you a winner? Are you strong and confident? These are traits seen as important. To get to the top of your game/career, you have to have these qualities. These are what make the people who are the upper echelon of society. But are they important to God? God can use anyone. He can use the strong and he can use the weak. Sometimes he chooses to use the weak so his power can be seen all the more. Gideon is made a judge for the Israelites not because of his strength, but because of his weakness. He didn't even have great faith because he asks God for several signs to reassure him and possibly those around him that he, Gideon, was to lead this battle to defeat the Midianites.

Lord, Thank you for loving us and using us regardless of our strength or weakness. Please help us to listen for your calling and be open to doing your will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment