Friday, April 17, 2015

Joshua 20:9

Any of the Israelites or any foreigner residing among them who killed someone accidentally could flee to these designated cities and not be killed by the avenger of blood prior to standing trial before the assembly.

I have always liked the concept of the cities of refuge. I think we could compare our time on earth as our city of refuge. We have all sinned and our sin has put Christ on the cross. We all deserve death, but we have the opportunity while here on earth to do something about it. We have the opportunity to accept the saving grace Christ offers us. We may even have the opportunity to express our thankfulness while we are still here on earth. And we have the opportunity to share with others how they can be cleansed of their guilt.

Lord, I pray that I use my time here on earth, in my city of refuge, to do all that you want me to do. Thank you for saving me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment