Thursday, April 2, 2015

Just A Closer Walk With Thee

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I’ll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Refrain:
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o’er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o’er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

I have heard this song three times in the last 2 days in 3 completely different circumstances. When things come in threes I pay attention because sometimes its God talking to me.

I like to think of Jesus as by my side. He's a friend and a brother. Someone I can hold hands with and talk to. The Spirit is inside of me. He guides me and directs the way I respond to things. And if I let him he will completely take over when he needs to. God the Father is everywhere. He is omnipotent and knows everything and can see my entire life like a huge rolodex before him. He sees the big picture and knows how the game ends.

Lord,  with my Savior by my side, the spirit inside, and you on the outside, I am completely covered. I am surrounded by you and I have nothing to fear. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment