Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hebrews 11:1 - What is faith?

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Faith is a concept not exclusive to God. It is a rational decision to believe based on evidence. I believe the world is round although I have not seen the whole thing at once. I have seen photographs and witnessed the curvature of the earth from an airplane. Based on this evidence, I have faith that the earth is round. Our faith in God is the same. I have not seen God, but I have seen his creation, read his scriptures and feel him working in my life. Based on this evidence, I have faith in God. 

Lord, thank you for giving us rational minds and evidence upon which to base our faith in you. Please help us to hold on to our faith. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment