Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Romans 7:24-25b - The purpose of the law

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Romans 7:7-25 is a passage I have kind of been putting off. It is so confusing to me, but I think the ultimate meaning is in the passage above. We are sinful people and we don't need to blame the law for this. The law revealed sin, not caused it. But, any time we are told not to do something, we want to do it. The law was essential because it made us aware of our sin, death and separation from God. We should be thankful for the law for revealing this to us so we can then connect with God and the only way to do that is through Jesus Christ.

Lord, thank you for your perfect plan, even if it is something we do not always understand. Please help everyone to recognize themselves as sinful and give themselves to your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment