Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Romans 7:4-5 - Fruit: Ripe or Rotten

So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death.

I went back to Romans today for my study, and a couple verses from the passage I studied last time popped out at me. I am co-teaching a Wednesday Night Ladies Bible Class. We are studying the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) and seven things the Lord detests (Proverbs 6:16-19). The fruit we bear is evidence of who we serve.

Lord, thank you for showing us what good fruit looks like. Please help us to examine our fruit, prune what needs to be removed and ensure we are fully serving you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment