Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Romans 15:30 - Join in the struggle

I urge you, brothers and sisters, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.

I have always wanted to do amazing things for Christ: be a missionary, write a book, be a speaker, etc... but so far those things have not worked out. I serve God everyday in many small ways and occasionally I get a "bigger opportunity" to serve, but generally I don't feel like my service is anything special. The verse above lets me know I can always participate in those "bigger opportunities" by finding someone who is doing them and join in their struggle by praying for them. We can do this anonymously or let them know we feel like God has called us to pray for their ministry. It will be a great encouragement to them!

Lord, thank you for every opportunity to serve, be it large or small. Please help us to look for the places you are working and join in your work. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment