Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Testimony #5 - A parent

I kept putting off this Testimony...I guess the closer you get to something, the more painful it is and the harder it is to express.

I was an married woman without children. My husband and I became houseparents at a children's home. This was extraordinarily difficult. After this we became foster parents to the child of a friend. This also was very difficult. Then we adopted an older child. This was the most difficult.

Then God gave us permission to give up. Church leaders sat us down and told us this was not working and had become a dangerous situation. After countless efforts to help this child, something had to change. We terminated the adoption and this child was adopted by his biological grandfather.

Now I am finding more joy in parenting our remaining foster child than I ever thought possible. And the other child has a devoted prayer warrior who will never stop loving him.

No comments:

Post a Comment