Friday, June 17, 2016

Book Review - Bursting with Life: Triumph Through Cerebral Palsy

Last Sunday the speaker where I attend worship services (Webb Chapel Church of Christ) mentioned a book called Bursting with Life: Triumph Through Cerebral Palsy by Robert Reid, I was intrigued by the synopsis offered so I got the book and read it. It was truly inspirational. Honestly, I think it would make a great movie! My favorite quote of the book is this:

"Many don't understand being handicapped. The truth is that everyone is handicapped in one way or another. We all have challenges or disabilities that we have to overcome."

Robert's story is amazing, but like the quote says, we all have challenges to overcome and this story gave me inspiration to see beyond what I can or can not do.

Lord, thank you for allowing us to have challenges. Help us to see these challenges as opportunities. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment