Sunday, June 19, 2016

Psalm 11:1 - Take refuge in the Lord

In the Lord I take refuge.
     How then can you say to me:
     “Flee like a bird to your mountain.

When I read this verse I was struck by the beauty of the phrase "Flee like a bird to your mountain," the I remembered the hymn with this title. I read the hymn and I think this verse and hymn don't really match up. The hymn is beautiful and has a good message, but in this verse, David is upset because of this statement and the two following verses. David plans to take refuge in the Lord, not retreat as he is being counseled to do,

Lord, thank you for offering us a place of refuge. Help us to trust in you always and not flee when things get difficult. Amen.

Click here for another resource on this passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment