Friday, June 10, 2016

Psalm 5:11 - Praying for other believers

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
     let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
     that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

The first three verses of this chapter are addressing God, as in the beginning of a prayer. I especially like verse 3, "In the morning Lord, you hear my voice". The writer then laments on his enemies. The end of the chapter he concludes with prayers for others and I think this may be what is missing in my prayer life. I pray for others sometimes, but not on a regular basis. Considering others, especially other believers, and their situations and needs will help me treat people better as I interact with them.

Lord, thank you for hearing our prayers. Please let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment