Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Psalm 71:20 - Choosing peace in the chaos

Though you have made me see troubles,
     many and bitter,
     you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
     you will again bring me up.

This weekend I went to a Ladies Day with the theme of "Choosing Peace in the Chaos." I really needed this last night when dealing with home restoration issues. I allowed myself to get so down and depressed, until I realized, I have a choice of how I react to this. I have been working on seeing the blessing within every problem. The fact that I am having problems with our home restoration means I have a house. If I am complaining about my job, I need to remember what a blessing it is to have a job. When I am complaining about the struggles I have overeating, remember I am not struggling to get enough to eat. We will have troubles, but God restores us.

Lord, thank you for restoration. Please help us to choose peace in the chaos. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment