Thursday, September 28, 2017

2 Samuel 11:27 - Displeasing the Lord

After the time of mourning was over, David had her brought to his house, and she became his wife and bore him a son. But the thing David had done displeased the Lord.

The story of David and Bathsheba is an important one for us to hear. David seems almost perfect, always pleasing the Lord, but here he sins as we all do. In the first verse of the story, it seems as though David is not where he ought to be. From there it gets worse. He commits adultery and eventually has her husband killed. The phrase, "But the thing David had done displeased the Lord," really caught my attention. If I put my name in for David's, it is heartbreaking to me. I think of all of my sins and how I have displeased the Lord. If we are Christians, we are forgiven, but maybe this thought will help us to avoid future sin.

Lord, thank you for the example of your servant David. Please help us to not displease you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment