Tuesday, September 19, 2017

From The Message - Romans 12 - Keep smiling

If you work with the disadvantaged, don’t let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face.

My sisters and I have been reading Romans from The Message over the last several weeks. This passage spoke to me, the lines above (about verse 8) and the whole chapter (12). It is a snapshot of what being a Christian is meant to look like. This passage is especially meaningful to me because I work with people with dementia and it can be very challenging at times. It was so great to read this and think, "God gets this, he knows how hard this is and what the challenges are."

Lord, thank you for these words from The Message. Please help me to put these words in action every day. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment