Saturday, September 29, 2018

Jeremiah 1:10 - Tear down to rebuild

See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” Jeremiah 1:10

Jeremiah was a prophet who predicted the fall of Jerusalem. God was preparing his people for great destruction because of their unfaithfulness. He was going to tear down so he could rebuild. This is a difficult concept and even more difficult when we are the ones being uprooted and torn down. This passage reminded me of the yard work I did yesterday. I wanted to do some planting, but before I could plant the new, I had to tear out the old. It was hard, back breaking work but weeding the flower bed had to happen before it could be replanted. The weedy, ugly area was transformed into a beautifully landscaped garden. When our lives seem to be falling apart, maybe God is allowing this to happen so that he can transform us.

Lord, Thank you for seeing the potential in us. Please help us to deal with the pain when we are going through this process of transformation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment