Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Colossians 3:2

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

This passage is discussing our earthly natures. He passages before this say human rules lack value in restraining sensual indulgence. So my question was, "What does?". The next few verses answer that question with setting our minds on things above and not earthly things. My struggle is with food. My "desire and greed, which is idolatry (v. 5)" causes me to overeat. In the past few years I have worked on this struggle and have lost a significant amount of weight, but the struggle is still there and I still need to lose more. I have never wanted to put my struggle with food into the spiritual reaalm, but I think I have to finally admit that it is idolatry. God gives me the answer. Set my mind on things above and not earthly things. If I am studying and focusing on God I will not be focusing on food. When I am sitting around and watching TV and focusing on earthly things, then I'm focusing on food.

Lord, I want to set my mind on things above and not on earthly things. Please help me with my struggle with food. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment