Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Colossians 4:12

Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

I love that phrase wrestling in prayer. That is certainly not a cursory little before dinner prayer. That is a prayer involving deep thought and longing. I see the image of Jacob wrestling with God. And the wrestling mentioned in this passage is not even personal but it is for others. Who should you be wrestling in prayer about today?

(As I was writing the above words, I received a facebook friend request. I think I know who I'm supposed to pray for.)

Lord, Thank you for the gift of prayer. Lord you know who I'm praying for. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment