Sunday, November 29, 2015

1 Peter 5:10 - Restored

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

After dealing with "the blues" for a few days, I finally remembered to go to the Lord with my problem and of course, he comforted me. Occasionally I give devotional talks at work. I usually have no notice of these, so I talk about whatever I studied that morning. Yesterday we centered our devotional on depression and suggestions for dealing with "the blues". It was so helpful and the verse above was a result of that study. Everyone gets down occasionally, even great Biblical heroes did. But whatever season of difficulty we are in, God promises to bring us through those times and restore us.

Lord, thank you for walking with us in our low times and bringing us through them. Please help us to remember to always turn to you in our times of trial. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment