Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Psalm 84:2 - My new favorite psalm

My soul yearns, even faints,
     for the courts of the Lord; 
my heart and my flesh cry out
     for the living God.
What a beautiful psalm! I believe this is my new favorite psalm. Psalm 84 focuses on heaven. Verse 5 calls our journey to Zion a pilgrimage. Verse 7 says we go from "strength to strength" on this journey. And I love verse 10: "Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Maybe I should have just printed out the whole psalm...or you could read it.

Lord, thank you for the promise of heaven, it keeps us going each day. Please help us to keep this heavenly focus at all times. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment