Thursday, August 3, 2017

1 Corinthians 13:3 - Love

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Before I begin, I need to make a confession. I have not done my morning study for 15 days. That may be the longest stretch of non-study I have gone since I began. I've had a hard time waking up in the mornings. I am praying for God to help me restore/create better sleep patterns so I will get back to my "First Fruits of the Day"study.

The passage above is part of the "Love Chapter". It is so familiar and a great place to go to for a refresher on what love is and is not. It clearly emphasises that love is the most important thing, This world and all of the good (and bad) in it will pass away and all that will remain is love. We can do lots of good deeds and suffer for our cause, but if love is not at the root of our actions, nothing is gained.

Lord, thank you for teaching us to love. Please help us to keep love at the root of all we do. Amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment