Wednesday, May 18, 2016

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 - Work hard and mind your own business

And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Ok, I gotta' say, this verse kind of surprised me. the two verses above it were about love so I expected to be sharing something about love.

Then I read this.

I'm always looking for the grand calling, the thing that will make me amazingly significant. Just this morning I read about this concept in Unoffendable by Brant Hansen. So maybe God has me in the right place, doing the right job, working hard.

Lord, thank you for giving us these simple tasks. Help us to realize that an extraordinary thing has already happened: You, the Lord of Lords, Creator of the Universe, love us and want to be with us. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment