Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Exodus 38:8 - Women and mirrors

They made the bronze basin and its bronze stand from the mirrors of the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting.

This verse really stuck out to me. I didn't realize there were women who served in the tabernacle. Also, I was confused about a basin made from mirrors. I found a paper which gave me some insight. Mirrors were made from polished metal at this time, so these were just melted down and reformed. On the question of the women, it's not entirely clear as to their role, but it would make sense to me they would be responsible for changing out the water in the basin.

Lord, thank you for including details like this in your word. Please help us to each find our place of service. Amen.

Click here to view a video of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment