Tuesday, May 17, 2016

1 Thessalonians 4:4 - Control your body

That each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,

In this passage, Paul is talking about sexual immorality, but I think this verse can go beyond sexual sin. I need to control my body. That includes how I treat my body and what I do with my body. I've thought a lot about this in relation to food and being overweight. I don't think being overweight is a sin, by any means. I don't think being overweight has to limit my potential in any way. But...I think loosing weight could make me better. I would be a better employee with more stamina. I would be a better actor with a broader range of roles to play, I would be a better Christian with more energy and influence.

Lord, thank you for giving us choice in our lives. Please help me to control my body. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment