Saturday, May 28, 2016

2 Thessalonians 3:10 - Idleness

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

This is an interesting passage. Apparently there was a problem in the church in Thessalonica with people who were idle and expected the church to feed them. I am constantly complaining about my job and wish I could just not work. I long for retirement, but I am just 46 and in good health, so I scheme and plan to figure out how to retire early. In truth, this passage reminds me that it is not good to be idle. If I am unwilling to work, I can not expect others to support me.

Lord, thank you for reminders about what we are to be doing. Please help me to follow your will in every area of my life. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment