Friday, November 6, 2015

Romans 2:1 - Passing judgement

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

I have a tendency to be judgey. I get wrapped up in what others do and why they are doing it, especially when it effects me. Recently I have been praying to simply not have an opinion. Most of the time, whatever the situation is, it has nothing to do with me, I'm not saying that I will agree with everything others do, I just choose not to have an opinion about it good or bad. If it looks like evil, I might pray for them, but I will not make any assumptions about their character or relationship to God. One of our mottos at work is Assume Good Intent. Even if someone does something we think is wrong, if we just assume good intent, we realize there may be something going on we don't know about causing this to occur. Another friend uses the phrase, "You never know enough." We never know enough about what is going on in a person's life to pass any sort of judgement.

Lord, thank you for loving us and accepting us. Please help us to not pass judgement on others. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment