Monday, November 23, 2015

Romans 6:13 - Who is playing the instrument?

Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.

We get to choose if we will be an instrument of wickedness or an instrument of righteousness. Who is playing the instrument? Satan or God? Evil or good? Wickedness or righteousness? As a Christian, I have offered myself to God, my whole self. I have to be careful not to allow any part of myself to become an instrument of wickedness. It is so easy to do. Things may seem like harmless fun or we may just be going along with what others are doing, but if we are not careful Satan will come in an play us like a fiddle.

Lord, thank you for bringing me from death to life. Please help me to offer every part of myself only to you as an instrument of righteousness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment