Friday, July 1, 2016

Psalm 18:37 - Pursue your "sin enemies"!

I have pursued mine enemies, and overtaken them: neither did I turn again till they were consumed.

If our enemy is sin, them the Psalms give a great deal of good advice for dealing with sin. This passage states we pursue our enemies and overtake them. I have always thought of fighting sin as a passive thing, simple avoidance. But this verse suggests we take it head on! Go after our sin and defeat it! Honestly it has never occurred to me to be aggressive towards the removal of sin in my life. We don't just have to be on the defense, we can be on the offense. We are not weak, we are strong with the strength of the Lord!!

Lord, thank you for giving us revelations and "AHA!" moments from your word. Please help us to purse our "sin enemies" and defeat them. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment