Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Psalm 27:4 - Eternity now

One thing I ask from the Lord,
     this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
     all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
     and to seek him in his temple.

A reoccurring theme in my life currently is the idea that as a follower of God, I am in heaven right now, My eternal life has begun. Heaven is dwelling in the house of the Lord, and I do. I can talk to him any time I want to and I can hear and understand the answers he gives to me. I can gaze upon the beauty of his creation and because he is everywhere, I do not have to seek too hard to find him. He even lives inside of me!

Lord, thank you for allowing us to be with you now. Help us to realize that our eternity with you has begun and to feel the joy and peace this brings. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment