Wednesday, March 1, 2017

2 Kings 23:3 - New Life 3

The king stood by the pillar and renewed the covenant in the presence of the Lord—to follow the Lord and keep his commands, statutes and decrees with all his heart and all his soul, thus confirming the words of the covenant written in this book. Then all the people pledged themselves to the covenant.

The Israelites often renewed their covenant with the Lord, The repeatedly would fall away and God would accept them back. We are often this way when we begin a new life. It is so easy to turn back to the old, or never fully commit to the new life we have begun.

Weight is always an issue for me, I'll do well for a while then, I go back to my old habits. It is a stronghold in my life. Different people have different strong holds. After hearing a sermon on Psalm 52:3-4 (lies and deceit), a man wrote the IRS, “I can’t sleep knowing that I have cheated on my income tax. Enclosed is a check for $150. If I still can’t sleep, I’ll send the rest.”

Lord, thank you for giving us infinite do overs. Please help us to stick to the commitments we have made. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment