Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Proverbs 11:12 - Unoffendable and merciful

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense,
     but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.

Be unoffendable and merciful because I am a sinner. This is a lesson God has been working on teaching on me. And last night I blew it. I said something mean to my next door neighbor. I suppose I thought I had "righteous indignation", but truly, there is never a reason to be mean. Just this weekend I heard a speaker talk about this very subject. Most people know their sin and already feel guilty about it. Pointing it out to them does not help. Even if they don't recognize their problem, me being mean to them about it isn't going to help the situation at all. How likely are they to make any changes because I was mean?

Lord, thank you for offering me unlimited mercy, Please forgive me for deriding my neighbor. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment