Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Psalm 139:21-22 - Hatred?

Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
     and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
     I count them my enemies.

Really David? (This Psalm was written by David.) Hatred? What happened to Love God, Love People? What happened to being unoffendable and merciful? Most of the time I have some words of truth, but today I just have questions. This may be a old testament vs. new testament issue. After all. in the old testament, God asked his people to kill entire nations. But when Christ came a new law was revealed, putting to death the old law of sin and death. Christ is the one who said."Love your enemies." (Matthew 5:43-48),

God, thank you for sending Christ to offer us salvation and a new law. Please help us to love everyone, even our enemies and those we do not agree with. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment