Thursday, May 18, 2017

Psalm 145:15-16 - Satisfaction

The eyes of all look to you,
     and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand
     and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

Because of my food issues, I am always looking for verses which speak to that issue. Amid the praise offered in Psalm 145 these verses stood out to me. I feel like my food issues stem from dissatisfaction. I am always looking for something to satisfy me. I know it is God, but I keep looking for other things to satisfy. This is also the reason I regularly start new projects and quickly loose interest. All I really need is God. He will give me food at the proper time and satisfy my desires.

Lord, thank you for reassuring us that you will satisfy our desires. Please help us to rely on you alone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment