Thursday, May 25, 2017

Psalm 149:3 - Praise dancing

Let them praise his name with dancing
     and make music to him with timbrel and harp.

I have a friend for whom praise dancing is a regular part of their worship services. I have lots of friends for whom instruments are a regular part of their worship services. I think this verse indicates God is ok with it. I am part of a fellowship who choses not to praise dance or use musical instruments in our worship service. I think God is ok with that too. I think God is concerned with our hearts. As long as we are bringing glory to God (and not ourselves) with our acts of worship, I think God is pleased.

Lord, thank you for allowing us to worship you in different ways. Please help us to keep the focus on you and your glory. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment