Thursday, March 12, 2015

Philippians 2 : 12

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed - not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence - continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

In the first part of this verse I think Paul is giving the Philippians such a compliment. The second part is something I have used so many times in so many circumstances. I have always felt like my relationship to God is something very personal. It's not just a generic rule book. Each of us has to communicate with God independently to hear His Word and do His will. I think this is what is meant by continuing to working out your salvation with fear and trembling.

Dear Lord, I intend to continue to honor you with my obedience. Lord I will daily communicate with you so that I can continue to work out my salvation with fear and trembling. Ame

No comments:

Post a Comment