Monday, March 16, 2015

Philippians 3:9

And be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Paul is talking about Judaism vs following Christ, but I think it is so relevant right now to so many of us who try to gain our salvation by following all the rules. Yesterday at church we talked about doubt and Grace. One of the thoughts was about being self righteous, that checklist Christianity where we feel like we are saved because we have done all the right things, but when doubt enters that kind of Christianity one brick of our faith may fall and the whole house falls. If we put our faith in God and not in our own obedience and understanding the house will not fall.

Lord, I place my faith in you, not in my understanding and not in my obedience. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment