Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,

It's humility once again. It seems like God is just constantly working on me about humility. Maybe it's just the fact that it is in the Bible so much. I didn't realize how many times humility is mentioned in the Bible. Either way it is certainly something I need to work on. I even worry that creating this blog is out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Even when I pray before I read for God to show me something in his word, it concerns me that the only reason I want him to show me something is so that I have something to share in this blog. One of my favorite parts of studying is sharing what I find. So, does that mean I am doing it out of selfish ambition or vain conceit?

Lord, I pray that my Bible study is done with pure motives. Thank you so much for all the things you show me everyday I sit down and study. Lord, I feel like you are talking directly to me. Thank you, thank you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment