Sunday, October 4, 2015

Genesis 35:3 - Do you have a story?

Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone.

God asked Jacob to this location and build an altar. Jacob had a testimony. God had been with him in the day of his distress and continued to be with him wherever he went. Do you have a testimony? How do you share it? If God has been there for us and continues to be with us, we need to let people know. We need to build and alter, probably not a pile of rocks in our front yard where we make sacrifices, but something that people may ask about and will help us remember our story.

Lord, thank you for your faithfulness, for being there for us in our time of distress and wherever we go. Help us to share our story with others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment