Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Genesis 44:33-34 - True Repentance

 “Now then, please let your servant remain here as my lord’s slave in place of the boy, and let the boy return with his brothers. How can I go back to my father if the boy is not with me? No! Do not let me see the misery that would come on my father.”

I think these were the words Joseph was waiting to hear before he revealed himself. His brothers were truly repentant. They were now thinking of their father before themselves. They loved their youngest brother and understood how much the father loved him. They weren't jealous of this love. They were willing to sacrifice themselves to return the youngest brother to their father. How do we show our repentance to God? Do we just do what he wants because we have to, or is there true love, understanding and thankfulness in our obedient actions. Are we truly repentant?

Lord, thank you for loving us beyond our comprehension. Please help us to move beyond our past sin and on to true repentance. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment